Touch

Touch has to be one of my favorite senses or second favorite. I love feeling the texture of different surfaces. I won't buy clothes unless they feel right and I won't eat certain things yet (like mussels) because of texture. Touch is important in more ways than that, I think its very interesting that we as humans need touch to survive infancy. We would actually die if we were not held enough during infancy. We learn to do a lot of different things through touch. How not to touch a hot stove. How to be mindful when picking up a rose in order to not get pricked by a thorn. How to love your partner. How to heal. I've learned a form of reiki healing over the summer & I use touch to send healing energy into the person I have my hands on. Without touch this world would lose as large part of its luster.

Comments

Popular Posts